Is it possible that 2018 is already past? There is a handful of unblogged garments.
Voilà my last year's makes:
|Perth dress, Carolyn&Cassie|
|Myosotis dress, Deer and Doe|
|Fake-wrapdress, Garconne K-050|
I have seen this pattern on different women and it suits really everyone. I sewed size 40 which was much too big and I had to take it in by 10cm (=size 36)grading to the hips size 40.
|Mito slip dress, Papercut patterns|
|1940's Tea Dress, Sew Over It|
|Dandelions, See you at Six|
When released several years ago, I had admired the tea dress pattern and finally bought it at a sale. I had 2m of this lovely Dandelions rayon by See You At Six which was a good match.
However, I made the mistake of skipping the toile. The fit was just awful and I remembered that many reviews had outlined problems with the fit, too. After a lot of tweaking with the help of my sewing teacher, it is now a lovely to wear dress.
I used a stretch jacquard reducing my stash for these great garden dungarees. I made them at one of our lovely sewing bees @isewbella is organizing in a neighbour village. I really like wearing these, so comfortable. No more fear bending down. The fabric has no need to be pressed so it's the perfect garment.
|Lander Pants, True Bias|
No picture for the Flint Pants, Megan Nielsen
I used a wonderful woolen suiting, but I had to realize that this style doesn't work for me at all. I will refashion the fabric.
I made a wearable muslin of the Veste Nénuphar by Deer and Doe. It's a very firm viskose knit which I had dyed together with the fabric for my Grainline Farrow dress (which is wearable after shortening it by some cm). I can now wear them together. Maybe it's a little much of violet.
I love this sailor blouse after Pattern W-014 by Garconne (size 36 graded to 38 at the waist). The Nani Iro single gauze is incredibly soft to wear. However, the color is very striking and the blouse is very difficult to partner.
|Hemisfèric Coat, Pauline Alice Patterns|
In spring, I finished this Hemisfèric Coat, Pauline Alice Patterns, using a chic wool coating by René Lézard.
I had quilted the lining to Maida Infrarot interfacing which made it quite stiff. I had catch stitched the hem seam allowance to the fabric but look at this hem. I have to correct it the days to come.
|Isla Trench Coat by Named Clothing|
Eventually, I sewed the pink Isla Trench Coat. Mel's husband had made an A0 format of the A4 provided by the pattern. They were overlapped and I had given them to be printed twice so I could cut out the pieces. After a year of consideration, I decided not to line the coat but to finish the edges with bias binding. I did not make the pockets because I didn't like them flapping around. I guess this was a mistake.
|Veste Jacqueline by République du Chiffon|
My jacket is the cute Veste Jacqueline. This was my contribution to the Christmas Dress Sew Along. I used the little remnant of cotton velvet I had received at our great sewing blogger meet up at Köln in 2017. I wore the jacket on Christmas Eve and Last Year's Eve together with my Robe Viviane. I think that it's a good layering piece with jeans. It works as a cardi and it's quite warm.
I made some lingerie, too:
|Fenway Bra, Orange Lingerie with two Smoothie panties|
|Hannah Bralette and Mia Panties, Studio Costuras|
I love this design. It's a shame that it's a smidge too small.
Chanel-like jacket for my mother.
I studied the Craftsy Lesson by Lorna Knight and followed her instructions. First of all, however, I made a toile and a fitting with the help of my sewing teacher. The right and left pattern pieces were not symmetrical, so I labeled the pattern pieces before cutting at the seamline. These were my new pattern pieces.
I used textured fabric by Linton Tweeds, which I overlocked immediately after cutting it out because it frayed so much.
Then I quilted the silk taffeta lining to the main fabric, sewed the seams of the outer fabric and in the end hand stitched the lining seams. I didn't have enough fabric in the sleeve heads and had to patch a strip.
Last feature was the trim which was a lot of work. In the days between Christmas and the last New Year, my daughters were busy fraying the ruffled bias strips which I trimmed later to even the width. Then I applied the trim at the borders by hand. My mother was very happy about the jacket.
Ensis tee, Papercut patterns, for my mother.
Little pouch like Annie Unrein's Just in Case Pattern. I used a sewn in magnetic closure.
My make for this year's Secret Valentine Exchange went to Samantha living 12000km away at Hawaii! This was exciting for me. I didn't have a lot of time because of family festivities, so I had no time waiting for the Big Bunny Bag pattern by The Maker's Journal but made a similar bag using denim from my stash.
She loves denim, linen, blue, green, purple, lotus, waves and the moon which I all tried to integrate. I used some new machine embroidery and free motion quilting.
For my daughters, I made several garments this year:
Another Reef Pyjama (pattern received for free when testing) with Liberty hammered silk.
Ellis Dress, Merchant&Mills size 12 (sleeves longer by 15cm, hem shortened by 10cm after taking the pictures), sewn at our annual blogger sewing bee at Würzburg.
One Selja Knot Tee, Named Clothing, three Givre T-Shirts and two shorts and lined trousers Chataigne, Deer and Doe.
The sewing year finished with this lovely Opium Coat, Deer and Doe (Size 38):
|Opium Coat, Deer and Doe|
To finish the retrospective, I knitted a really soft baby blanket as a present for the next year. The Madelinetosh DK yarn in Hosta Blue is so soft and hand dyed in lovely shades.
Have a lovely sewing year 2019!
Verlinkt bei Sewlala.