Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2019

Packing my suitcase: Rushcutter dress, In the Folds and Zsálya Dress, Kate&Rose

(Advertising)

Hello, dear fellow sewists,

Today, German sewists are meeting at Me-Made-Mittwoch showing their me-made holiday outfits.

Post edit: Because of early closure of the link tool, my participation was rejected. So I completed my post by adding more information about the Zadie jumpsuit. Post is linked to Sew La La.


Voilà my linen holiday wardrobe for five days at Venice visiting the Biennale. 

About my trusted garments, you can read here: 
* skipped the Datura blouse for the old little white blouse
* linen Peter and the Wolf pants (never posted but worn a lot)
* two Moana dresses and 

I made several new garments to wear this summer:

Like a lot of you too, I was attracted to his year's top garment, the Zadie jumpsuit by Paper Theory.

I had already worn my Zadie Jumpsuit by Paper Theory at Dijon. I had received the lovely linen for free by Atelier Goldfaden.
First, I pressed a strip of interfacing at the neckline edge stretching the strip ever so lightly to prevent the fabric from stretching out. This prevented the neckline from gaping.
I cut a longer bias strip to use my binder foot for the binding. However, I had to rip the seam at several spots to mend it. The looser linen had spilled out. 
This was no problem with this dark colour. Without using the binder foot, I would have sewn the binding in two steps, not in one like instructed.

Pattern: Zadie jumpsuit by Paper Theory
Size: 10 (my bust measurement, ignoring waist and hip measurements which would have put me in 12 and 14)
Fabric: Lithuanian linen received for free by Atelier Goldfaden

There are so many gorgeous versions of the Rushcutter Dress by In the Folds. I had had the intention of making the sleeved version, but didn't have enough of this lovely Japanese linen. 

I managed to use the border flowers for the hem, front side and yoke pieces.

Pattern: Rushcutter Dress by In the Folds version B
Size D
Fabric: Nani Iro Kokka wild flower linen 
I bought the pattern of the Zsalya Dress, by Kate&Rose Patterns when I had seen Carolyn's lovely dress made with an intricate patchwork insertion. I had used the sleeves pattern for a Bleuet dress already but hadn't seen a fabric I thought suitable. 
I had bought several Japanese linens and suddenly, my mind paired this opal colourway of Nani Iro Kokka wild flower linen with this pattern. 
The neckline is quite raised which makes the dress perfect for hot sunny days protecting the neck.

I am considering shortening the hem. Not to destroy the border print, I may sew a horizontal pleat.
Pattern: Zsalya Dress by Kate&Rose Patterns
Size: S  (bust)graded to L (hip)
Fabric: Wild Flower Linen Nani Iro Kokka, colourway opal

Last Biennale, I found my straw hat difficult to wear, because you cannot put it in a bag. Inspired by Sue Fadanista, I bought the PDF Pattern of Twenties' sun hats using left overs of my little blouse.
I sewed felled seams and omitted the lining and finished the brim with a bias strip. I interfaced the brim with a medium to light interfacing because I wanted it to flop and to be manipulated easily.
For the voyage, I added a little flower one daughter had felted as a child. 

The hat proved to be very useful. The fit for my head is perfect, tight enough the hat wouldn't be taken away by the wind. The front brim can be put up for a better view.
Size : 23 inches (one size)
Have a look at the others' gorgeous summer garments at Me-Made-Mittwoch and Sew La La!

Enjoy,
SaSa

P.S.: The link has closed one hour too early, couldn't get in!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Eine ganze Leinenkollektion; wirklich beneidenswert.
    Ich finde Leinen auch einen idealen Sommerstoff und die Soffe deiner Kollektion sind ausgesucht hübsch.
    Ganz bezaubernd auch dein Hütchen und der Zadie-Jumper steht dir besonders gut.
    LG von Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So viele tolle Sachen für deinen Urlaub! Ich freue mich schn auf die Bilder auf deinem IG Account. Viel Spaß und viele liebe Grüße,

    Bianca

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Bei mir ist Leinen auch der absolute Sommerfavorit. Dein Jumpsuit ist wunder-wunderschön und die Idee, einen Leinenhut zu nähen für die Reise, großartig! Und vielen Dank für deine Quellenangabe zu Lithuanian Linen, da war ich gerad schon begeistert stöbern... Kathrin

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!