Mittwoch, 20. März 2019

Piccadilly Pyjamas, Nina Lee Patterns in linen Nani Iro, Atelier Goldfaden

(Advertisement)

Hello, my dears, it's spring!

I was lucky having the opportunity to sew for Mirjam. She opened her new Swiss online fabric shop Atelier Goldfaden last week. She let me select a suitable fabric in her shop for free in exchange with pictures of the sewn garment.
When browsing all the lovely natural fabrics, my eye fell on all those lovely linens. Bianca had remembered me the Picadilly Pyjamas by Nina Lee Patterns. Have a look at those Bananas Pyjamas; so cute!

First, I wanted to use the white Nani iro pocho Beau yin-yang big for a more elegant look. However, Mirjam convinced me to sew the black Nani iro Pocho Beau Yin-Yang. I chose the small dots and I am so glad I used this colourway. It has a more Asian look to me. The dots are lustrous in a subtle way. There is a print with bigger dots, too.
I already knew the fabulous weave of Nani Iro linens. It is a bit like handkerchive linen, crisp and smooth. Perfect for spring and summer pyjamas! If you are very sensitive maybe the linen feels a little bit scratchy. I don't mind and love wearing it. Otherwise, there are several colourways in double gauze which is buttery soft.
Mirjam sent me four meters of fabric with the shrinking in mind. There are about 25cm left.
The pattern features an oriental touch with an open mandarin collar and curving hems. I sewed version 2 with three quater sleeves and cropped trousers. I bought the PDF version and let it print at the copy shop.
I sewed corresponding to my measurements size 10 for the top and size 14 for the bottoms. I considered grading the top but often, the side seams stick out when graded too wide. Next time, I will shorten the blouse by some centimeters.
I mused some time which contrast to use for the binding. First, I wanted to use some white or pink linen, but in the end I opted for a favorite Liberty Tana Lawn, Purple Wiltshire Berry.
I wanted to use my Bernina's binder foot (#88) so I made a sample for the pocket's heart shape. Nina Lee makes you snip into the curve's edge while sewing. I sewed a little stay seam and snipped the edge before feeding the binder foot. After a lot of practice binding face cloths, the binding went like a dream. Only after wearing the pyjamas for one night, I realized that I have forgotten to change threads for the seam bindings.
For pressing the pocket seam allowances, I made a little card template. Do you do this, too?
To honour the fabric and to reinforce the seams, I made faux lap-felled seams using my lap-seam foot #71. Here you can see how I make these seams. I flat felled the arme skyce seams, too.
The instructions were excellent and didn't leave any questions. Other than the instructions, I attached the button band at the bodice. I don't like ironing loose button bands.
The waistband features a gathered elastic back and two straps in the front which are knotted outside.
The length of the cropped trousers is cute, the side seams are situated a little more to the front shaping the curved hem in a lovely spot.
Pattern: Piccadilly Pyjamas, Nina Lee Patterns
Fabric: Nani Iro linen Black Pocho Beau Yin-Yan small, Atelier Goldfaden
Size: top 10, trousers 14
I love wearing my new linen Spring Piccadilly Pajamas!

Linked to Sewlala, have a look at the others' makes!








4 Kommentare:

  1. Fantastisch!!!!
    Dein Pyjama sieht unwiderstehlich aus und mit viel Liebe bis ins kleinste Detail gearbeitet. Toll.
    Viele Grüße, Birgit

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So viel Liebe zum Details. Sehr schön.
    LG
    Susan

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow, this looks beautiful, love your pyjamas!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. These are so beautiful!!! Love your choice of fabric and trim! :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!