Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2023

Taika Dress, Named Clothing


My dear sewing friends,

such a long time I haven’t written any post about my makes. 

Every year, I would sew a new summer dress although my wardrobe is showing quite a lot of them. 


As soon as I had seen Marja’s Taika dress she had sewn as a tester for Named Clothing, I bought the dress pattern thinking of the same Atelier Brunette viscose crepe that Barbara later used for the pattern, have a look at her thorough post with beautiful pictures! However, I changed my mind using this flower print.

P

Guthrie and Ghani have celebrated their 10 years anniversary with an ecovero viscose printed with an exclusive design by fabulous Lauren in cooperation with Rachel Parker. If interested, here you can see all the details about the design:

https://youtu.be/lH6wyIWY7mc?si=G1fDa3biB3JvXJKQ

I’ve always admired Lauren’s tasteful work and couldn’t resist buying #beehappyfabric for sewing a dress.


ByHandLondon had their 10 years anniversary, too, and were celebrated by Janene @ooobop and Suzy @sewing_in_spain with the IG-challenge #BHL10years. With a post of my old Elisalex dress, I was lucky winning a 50£ price @pigeonwishes! I loved browsing all the lovely buttons and found the perfect buttons for my fabric.


I made a toile some time ago because I suspected some fitting issues with the gathering. I cut the front bodice in size 36, back bodice and sleeves in 38, skirt in 40 (toile in hip length) which went together smoothly.

I decided in shortening the bodice in upper bust height by 0,5cm because I am only 1,62cm tall.


When cutting my fabric, I cut the pieces mostly in single layers because I didn’t want the flowers being doubled and I love the result.

Seam allowances are 1cm, I topstitched nearly all the seams fixing the overlocked seam allowances for easier garment maintenance.


When sewing the skirt pieces, I realised that I had forgotten to correct the back skirt pattern pieces which I had cut out in a wrong size height 1” too short. I decided shortening the skirt front pieces by the same amount. The print being so busy, it isn’t too obvious that the waist is shortened.


Some sewists remarked that the buttonbands were gaping between the buttons, so I shortened the button hole distance from 8cm to 6cm and sewed 12 buttons.


Thank you Emmanuelle @zoubizoubisou for inspiring me to finish the dress eventually!

Hopefully, I will be able to wear the maxi dress on some sunny autumn days despite the summery print.


Pattern: Taika Dress by Named Clothing 
Size:      Front bodice 36
              Back bodice and sleeves 38
              Skirt 40
Alterations: bodice shortened by 0,5cm
              Button distance 6cm, 12 buttons
Fabric:   Ecovero viscose “Bee Happy Blooms” @rachelparkerdesigns and        @guthrieghani

Buttons: Lucid Button Set @pigeonwishes won at #BHL10 @byhandlondon @ooobop and @sewing_in_spain

It’s MeMadeMittwoch when a lot of German sewists would meet showing their memade garments. Go have a look!

Have a fabulous sewing time,

SaSa


12 Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Sasa, schön dich beim MemadeMittwoch wieder mit einem Blogbeitrag zu treffen, und gleich mit einem traumhaftem Kleid. Lieber Gruß Jeanette

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, liebe Jeanette! Es ist so schön, dass Ihr Euch die Arbeit mit dem MeMadeMittwoch weiterhin macht! Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  2. Ein Traum von einem Kleid! So schön der SToff, so passend der Schnitt und ganz zauberhafte Fotos. So eine lange Knopfleiste ist schon eine Herausforderung, wirklich klasse gelungen! LG Kuestensocke

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke für den lieben Kommentar! Die Knopfleiste war nicht so sehr das Problem, eher die Anpassung. Nächstes Mal werde ich die schrägen Ansätze der vorderen Rockteile mit einer Stütznaht versehen. Liebe Grüße! SaSa

      Löschen
  3. Ich bin auch sehr begeistert von dem Kleid, super Stoff, super Schnitt, lg Anja

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Anja! Es trägt sich sehr gut , hat durch die Bahnen einen schwingenden Rock ohne zu voluminös zu sein!
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  4. Das Kleid ist ein Träumchen, Schnitt und Stoff passen perfekt zueinander.

    VG
    Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Sandra! Ich war erst unsicher mit dem wilden Druck, der macht mir jetzt gute Laune! Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  5. Der Stoff ist ja absolut ein Traum, und Du hast ein wunderbares Kleid daraus genäht. So ein bezauberndes Blumenmuster, wunderschön gezeichnet, das paßt auch genau in mein Beuteschema..
    Toll, daß die Knöpfe so schön passen, das ist ja oft das schwierigste bei der Planung. Und ich denke, der sonnige Herbst bleibt uns im Südwesten noch etwas erhalten, da wirst Du noch einige Gelegenheiten haben, Dein schönes Kleid auszuführen!
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Barbara

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke Dir, liebe Barbara! Ich bin überrascht, wie gerne ich das Kleid trage. Der Stoff lässt sich sehr gut waschen. Ich habe ja die Nahtzugaben durch das Absteppen fixiert und hoffe, um die Bügeleisen zu kommen. Die Knöpfe passen farblich wie für den Stoff gemacht. Trägst Du Dein Kleid auch so gerne?
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  6. So ein wunderschönes Kleid, es steht dir ausgezeichnet.

    LG, Heike

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Danke für die Bereitstellung einer so großartigen Ressource zum Lernen

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!