Mittwoch, 6. März 2019

Checked Sierra Jumpsuit and Rise Turtleneck Papercut Patterns

My dear sewing friends,

spring is coming and I haven't posted any new me-made garment this year. So good that today, German speaking sewists are meeting at Me-Made-Mittwoch for showing our worn self made garments.

As soon as the new Geo Collection by Papercut Patterns arrived, I bought the Sierra Jumpsuit PDF pattern, printed it out and taped it together (wich I loath!). I bought some of the patterns in print, too, but couldn't wait for the jumpsuit.
I had sewn the Flint Pants by Megan Nielsen which didn't suit me at all. I loved the lovely charcoal-blue checked woolen suiting I had used so much and decided to refashion it for this jumpsuit.

I had to piece the fabric together and used the fabric on cross grain for the bodice. I cut size S graded to a M at hip level. I used a Burgundy stretch lining from my stash. Then the cut out project was waiting for a long time for me to continue. Does this happen to you too?
Luckily I was careful when cutting out and so I observed that bodice piece A has to be laid in mode inverse on the fabric, otherwise I would have had two right fronts and no left one. This doesn't matter when lining with self fabric but you do not want to have the lining on the outside!
I was courageous sewing the wide legged version while nearly all of the versions I have seen are the tapered one. 

I didn't use the back facing piece because I lined the whole jumpsuit using the pattern pieces and I shortened the lining legs by some centimeters. 
When I had sewn the jumpsuit, I puzzled about the low crotch and nearly shortened the straps to take it up.  However, when you sit down or crouch down, you need this length for the movement!

The left strap tends a little to fall down. Maybe I should have used size XS at bust level.

I was afraid how to use this garment when being at the bathroom. It is surprisingly easy. I love wearing my Sierra jumpsuit even when it's not the most flattering shape.
Jumpsuit
Pattern: Sierra Jumpsuit, Geo Collection, Papercut Patterns
Size S tapered to M at hip level
Fabric: charcoal-blue checked wool coating, René Lézard Outlet
Alterations: careful cutting (bodice A on left side), pieced fabric, lined the whole jumpsuit
Top
Pattern: Rise turtleneck, Papercut patterns
Size XS
Fabric: soft wool-silk-blend knit, Tandem Outlet

Enjoy looking at all the others' makes and those at Sewlala.
You can have a look at my instagram account, too: https://www.instagram.com/paisleypirouette/

I am so sorry, but I can't comment even at my own posts,
SaSa

13 Kommentare:

  1. Als die Geo Collection herauskam, habe ich den Schnitt auch sofort gekauft, aber noch nicht geschafft zu nähen. Deine Version sieht großartig aus! Gefällt mir in dem dunkelblauen Wollstoff ausnehmend gut. Danke fürs Vorstellen. LG Manuela

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beide Schnitte sind wunderschön und in der Kombination einfach ein Traum. Das Outfit steht dir ausgezeichnet und auch die Fotos sind ganz toll geworden. Schön hier wieder zu lesen.
    LG Yvonne

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wunderschön! Die Wickeleffektschleife ist toll, dadurch spart man sich den lästigen Gürtel.
    Lieber Gruß
    Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Der ist ja toll und steht dir ganz ausgezeichnet. Schön zu sehen, dass er auch bei kälteren Temperaturen und nicht nur im Sommer tragbar ist.

    Viele Grüße

    Carola

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow, was für ein Outfit! total stylish und cool! Würde ich mir nie zutrauen das anzuziehen... umso schöner es bei anderen zu sehen ;-) Die Schnitt sind wirklich großartig von Dir umgesetzt. LG Kuestensocke

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Der sieht ja toll aus, der Jumpsuit! Und wie gut, daß Du den alten Stoff wieder verwenden konntest, denn es wäre ja wirklich schade um diesen schönen Stoff gewesen. Mir gefällt übrigens die ganze Geokollektion sehr gut, das sind spannende Schnitte. Danke fürs Zeigen (obwohl mir jetzt ja schon der Gedanke kam, auch diesen Schnitt zu bestellen!)
    LG Barbara

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Ein supercooles Outfit. Toll winterlich gestylt.
    Viele Grüße Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow! Das ist wieder mal ein Jumpsuit, der mich total überzeugt.Am besten gefällt mir ja die Schluppe.
    LG Malou

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Hach, ganz toll siehst du aus; so stylish!
    LG von Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. You look so stylish and put together in this fabulous outfit!! Love the way your smile lights up the frame!! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Der Jumpsuit sieht ja klasse aus, die Schleife mag ich total gerne. Toll finde ich auch deine winterliche Style- Idee.

    LG, Heike

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Wow! Total toll. Ich habe mir die Kollektion noch gar nicht angeschaut, aber das werde ich dann gleich mal machen.
    Viele Grüße, Mel

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. You look so chic here Sasa! Your entire outfit is just gorgeous and suits you perfectly xx

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!