Mittwoch, 24. August 2016

Inari Dress number two: Lago di Como

When looking for some linen at an fabric outlet, Mel and me discovered this linen print of an italian villa and imediately I had a Lago di Como inari dress in mind.
I made it exactly like my floral dress, adopting all the fitting alterations.
Being careful to place the rocks at a more flattering level, I was not really considerate of the balcony detail and couldn't get the exact pattern matching at the side seams, due to the shortage of fabric.
There was no fabric left for any sleeves, which I cut out of some leftovers of my watercolour Malvarosa dress. I quite like the cloudy effect of the sleeves now.
Pattern: Inari Dress of the Ticket Collection, Named Patterns
Size: 38 bust grading to a 42 at hip level
Fabric: one repeat of a linen villa print
Alterations: forward shoulder adjustment 1cm, shortened the bodice and sleeves 2cm at the middle of the armhole, lengthened 2 cm under hip level, added  1 cm SA at the vents.
 
The holiday print is nothing I would ever have regarded buying as ready to wear, but this print just puts me in good humour. Have you got any cheery garments, too?
SaSa

14 Kommentare:

  1. Ich bin wirklich hin und weg von dem Kleid. Einfach alles perfekt!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank, IsaLaBella, das freut mich!
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  2. Wie wunderschön!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wundervoll; deine Kombination von Stoff und Schnitt sieht sehr exclusiv aus.
    LG von Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Susanne! (Das Kleid hat mich keine zehn Euro gekostet!)
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  4. When I saw your photo on IG, my first thought was how this fabric is such a departure from your usual choices.... and then my next immediate thought was how utterly lovely a dress you have made. I love everything about it! I can absolutely see why wearing it makes you feel happy! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for your words, Lisa! They are describing my own feelings :)

      Löschen
  5. I enjoyed all the detail of your gorgeous dress. As I said on IG I really love the fabric and you did a great work :) Enjoy wearing it, you look beautiful <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. WOW. I'm almost speechless at how beautiful this is... almost! This is so so perfectly lovely on you SaSa! and the Lake Como like fabric print is utterly beautiful. Quite divine, in fact. I know exactly what you mean about the Lake Como feel of it! I have very fond memories of that beautiful place, too :) You made exactly the right dress to show it off to perfection. You look absolutely gorgeous xx :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, dear Carolyn, for your nice words! Hope to see you one day in real:)

      Löschen
  7. Komme gerade von "eben Julia" zu Deiner Version des Inari Dress und als großer Fan von Motivdrucken bin ich schwer begeistert von Deinem Kleid. Sehr edle Optik! Liebe Grüße von Ina

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Komme gerade von "eben Julia" zu Deiner Version des Inari Dress und als großer Fan von Motivdrucken bin ich schwer begeistert von Deinem Kleid. Sehr edle Optik! Liebe Grüße von Ina

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!