Sonntag, 30. April 2017

The Azaire Blouse, Gather, #jecoudsmagarderobecapsule2017 Avril

Coucou, chère couseuses,

Hello, my dear sewing friends,

it is the day to show our garment sewn in April for our capsule wardrobe #jecoudsmagarderobecapsule2017.
The sewing pattern The Azaire by Gather was love of first sight. I had bought it to make my last year's Christmas dress but then didn't use it. I now made the blouse version with three quarter sleeves as woven top "haut chaine et trame".
I chose the size after my measurements, 12 bust graded to 14 at the hips.

I used the lovely Nani Iro double gauze Komorebi "sunshine filtering through foliage" and took my time with the pattern matching. However, I had to cut the ruffles a second time because it was cut slightly off grain.
I lined the ruffles and lovely cuffs with a cream cotton-silk blend of my stash as not to make it too stiff.
The yoke is lined with a cream lawn.
I was a little anxious about the fit. It's a semifitted pattern, the front panels aren't really shaped and the few versions I had seen didn't fit spot on or were too tight. But @happylat's cute version convinced me to sew the blouse.
I thought about shortening the bodice because the ruffles are hitting the widest part of my hips. However, to maintain the proportions, I decided against it and sewed everything as designed.
I followed all the instructions which make you sew the front and back bodices first, then sew the side seams. It is rather difficult to match the yokes seams. Maybe a next time I would first close panels and yokes and then attach the lower part to the upper part. I understitched all the linings, topstitched the seams and attached the lining hems by hand stitching.
I am really pleased that the fit of the finished garment is spot on and the blouse is cute with all the lovely details. However, the colourful print is hard to match with my trousers. Hopefully, my planned Named trousers will be a good pairing.
Pattern: The Azaire, Gather
Size: 12 bust - 14 hip
Fabric: Nani Iro double gauze Komorebi "sunshine filtering through foliage"


To match the lovely print, I have sewn a lingerie set using a jeans coloured kit with pink accents which I already had in my stash.
Harriet bra, Clothhabit, 30D
The Smoothie Pantie, Lingerie Secrets, L
Hilda Shorts, Ohhh Lulu, S-XL

Now, go have a look at Clo's to enjoy all the other's finished garments of April!
Have a lovely last april day, 
SaSa




20 Kommentare:

  1. Sehr hübsch!! Ich bewundere deine Treffsicherheit für Farbe und Stil. Und die Verarbeitung ist wieder 1 A. Ich bin begeistert.
    LG
    Astrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, liebe Astrid! Leider habe ich bei dem BH einen blöden Fehler gemacht und so eine Nahtzugabe sichtbar. Beim nächsten dann wieder schöner...
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  2. Ist die hübsch! Stoff und Schnitt passen ganz wundervoll zusammen und die Bluse passt richtig gut zu dir.
    LG von Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, liebe Susanne!
      Einen schönen 1. Mai wünscht Dir SaSa

      Löschen
  3. Die Bluse steht dir wirklich sehr gut und die Passform ist perfekt. Sehr hübsch finde ich auch das passende Wäscheset.
    LG
    Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Susanne! Wäschenähen macht Spaß, aber es ist immer ein klein wenig aufregend, ob es dann passt.
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  4. Ganz wundervoll! Den tollen Schnitt hatte ich schon damals bewundert. Nicht umsonst, er passt perfekt zu dir! LG, Zuzsa

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Der Print ist toll und die Muster hast du toll arrangiert. Der Schnitt sitzt und fällt wirklich sehr schön an dir :) Und die Unterwäsche ist Klasse, die Farben sind toll!
    Liebe Grüße
    Katharina

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke für Deinen lieben Kommentar!
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  6. I am not usually a big fan of ruffles, but I must say that in this pattern, with this fabric, it really works really well. This is a lovely top and it fits you very nicely

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Ah, die Bluse die du beim Nähtreffen genäht hast. Sehr schön. Toll finde ich den Ärmelabschluss.
    Und dein Wäscheset ist sensationell.
    lg monika

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, liebe Monika! Mal shen, wie sich die Hilda Shorts im Sommer machen.
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  8. I love reading all the detail of your pretty top. Love the ruffles and the cuffs 💙💙

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Deine blaue Bluse hat wirklich einen eigenen Post verdient. die schaut sooo sooo toll aus. Große Klasse. Danke für den Link zu den Shorts, den Schnitt habe ich sofort gekauft, perfekt um im Sommer Kleider und röcke zu tragen! LG Kuestensocke

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke! Die Bluse ist Teil des "Je couds ma garderobe capsule" von Clopiano vom April. Ich hoffe auch, dass die Shorts gut für heiße Sommertage sind.
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  10. Ich bin schwer beeindruck. BHs nähen, dass muss unheimlich schwer sein. Sieht klasse aus. Und das Top mit dem Volant, auch sehr sehr schön. Endlich habe ich gesehen, dass ich so einen Volant verstürzen kann. Anstatt zu säumen. Viel Spaß beim Tragen. LG Mandy

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Mandy! Beim BH- Nähen muss man nur wissen, wie es geht. Ich kann Dir sehr den Craftsy-Kurs von Beverly Johnson empfehlen, falls Du englisch kannst. Die Schwierigkeit ist, dass man erst am Schluss merkt, ob es passt und dann nichts mehr ändern kann.
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!